If you are engaged to be married, it’s not uncommon for people to make annoying comments about where your sex life is headed. There is a pervasive myth that once you get married, sex becomes boring, or even nonexistent. But it doesn’t have to be this way! In fact, being married lends a certain freedom to your sex life that you may not have felt before. Consider the following:
- If you have ever felt uncomfortable initiating sex, you can kiss that goodbye, secure in the knowledge your partner certainly would not marry someone they did not find sexually attractive.
- By the time you get married, you know your partner has seen you both at your most beautiful and at your worst, and they love you anyway. It can be very freeing to know that you can have sex without worrying about looking perfect.
- If you were uncertain about sharing your fantasies, curiosities, and desires before, you can feel more confident doing so now, knowing your partner isn’t going anywhere. So give that dirty talk a try, and if it doesn’t work out, there is no need to feel self-conscious. Similarly, if there is something your partner wants to try that you just aren’t into, you can feel more comfortable saying no. You now have plenty of time for the two of you to figure out what works for you both.
- If you weren’t already living together, getting married gives you a lot more access to each other than you had before. This can mean more morning sex, more opportunities for quickies, and more time to flirt with each other throughout the day to make your evening sex that much hotter.
- You’ve had plenty of time to get to know each other’s hot spots, and now you can try to find new ones.